Tuesday, January 24, 2012

not my morning

I should have realised when Modo woke me late this morning that the morning was not going to go to plan.  I haven't had an alarm clock for over six months now but recently Modo has taken on the job.   He has been waking me at 6 every morning with a gentle nudge then a leap onto the bed for a cuddle.  I keep telling him 6.30 Modo 6.30, not 6.00.  But now I have learnt my lesson.  Think he must have tired of me complaining so guess 6.00 it will be from now on - without the whingeing. 
When I finally got up this morning I dragged myself around trying to get ready for work.  Had only had one cup of coffee and still no makeup on and hadn't done any housework when Cam and Renee rocked up wanting to borrow the trailer.   It was their moving day today.   They were finally moving out on their own.   They had rented a nice house in Montrose - their dog Storm welcome - and today was their big day.  Half an hour later they finally had the trailer hooked up and were gone.  I had a few minutes left to finish getting ready for work.  I threw on some make up, made my second cup of coffee - essential if I am going to have any semblence of a good day - called the dogs inside to put them out the back.  Modo raced in and raced upstairs, Willow refused to come in.   Got out the bribes - liver treats - Willow couldn't resist but Modo wasn't going to budge.   I was now offically running late so I left the back door open and Modo inside.  I grabbed my second cup of coffee which I hadn't had a chance to drink, picked up my cardy and bag and rushed outside while trying to stop the coffee slopping over the top of the cup.  Slowly, slowly I told myself.  I was finally out on the road, thankfully there was very little traffic as it is still school hols.   I parked in the parking area out back and raced into work.   Swiped on with a minute to spare.   huge sigh

No comments: