Tuesday, January 3, 2012

already - where has the year gone?



This trick was made a lot harder by the fact that the deck of cards used was an old very much loved deck.   It was about twice the thickness of a new deck and had so many spots and markings that if you wanted to take the time to get to know the cards you could use it as a marked deck.

Here it is the 3rd of Jan already and this is my first post.  I decided to stay at mums one more day as my sister Lois and my brother in law were arriving in the afternoon.   She will be staying and looking after mum in hospital while I go back to Melbourne.  That night had some nice Chinese for dinner but that was only by default.  Originally it was going to be fish and chips but the fish and chip shop was closed. - fancy that.   Decided on chicken and salad but the supermarket was also closed.  It closed at 6 that evening but thankfully the Chinese take away was open.   Course had a few drinks with dinner which lead to a game or two of 500.  What! 500!  But crib is the family game!  Yes and 500 and Euchre are the other family games.  Course the men had a few beers and Lois and I had a few white wines and a few white wines and a few white wines.   Late in the evening or more likely early next morning I had blown the cask up trying to get  out that last half glass.  At 2 am  I dragged my poor body off to bed.

No comments: