Saturday, January 28, 2012

know the feeling

I went into the bottle-o of the local supermarket to get some liquid supplies to go with our dinner for the night.   I searched the fridges looking for some Hahn Light but couldn't find any.   I finally decided to admit defeat and go to the counter to ask the staff for help.  The lovely lady looked up from what she was doing at the counter and said in surprise Oh sorry didn't know you were there.  How can I help you.
Do you have any Hahn Light I asked her. Yes, I have she answered.  She looked at me for a few beats and I stared back waiting for her to offer to get it for me or to show me where it was.   Why? She finally asked.  I went blank!  I know I'm not a beer drinker but did I also look like I wasn't a beer drinker.   Finally my brain moved into gear.  I can't see any in the fridge.   I pointed back to where I had been looking.
Oh she laughed I thought you said have you had a hard life.  I too burst out laughing.  Oh we've all had one of those I finally spluttered but do you have any Hahn Light.

No comments: