Wednesday, January 11, 2012

maybe the day is trying to tell me something


Have a bit of a decision to make about work.  It is so hard.  Went out yesterday morning and being school holidays there wasn't anyone at the first two stops.   First stop it rained quite heavily for most of the time there so I didn't bother connecting up.  Even the workmen who were sitting in their trucks waiting for the weather to clear eventually packed up and left.  It was a cold day and with no power there was no heating.  Better though than climbing up a ladder in pouring rain connecting into power.  Had a few problems with the internet.  Only a weak signal and it kept dropping out.   Got to the second site and put ladder up against pole in the drizzling rain and opened the power box.   A huge huntsman scurried around.   Thought it was going to jump out at me but eventually it settled down in a corner, spread itself out and just watched me.   Couldn't connect the power as the connector had moved.   Got down from ladder and retrieved my glasses and a biro.   Poked around trying to realign the power point while not upsetting the spider or falling off the ladder as I needed both hands in the power box while balancing on the ladder.  After several frustraing and rather damp minutes just as I was about to give up I was finally able to move it enough to line it up.  I then watched the skies as it came time to pack up.  The rain and wind was coming in flurries but I was able to get a dry few minutes to pack up and go home.

No comments: