Wednesday, January 4, 2012

back to work


The start to my day was about the way my day went.   At 8 while putting on my makeup in the bathroom there was a noise like a train coming through the house.  I waited for the house to shake expecting a tree to have crashed and fallen onto the house but there was only the noise.  Terrified I raced to the back door and checked all the trees.   They were all still standing and the rain was falling down in big soft plops.   A loud rumble of thunder echoed around me and I realised the first noise has been thunder.    I breathed a sigh of relief.  
It  was time to go to work and the thunder still rumbled and the rain more of a spitty rain still fell.   I couldn't put Willow outside, she would be terrified and I didn't want to take the chance on Modo getting upset so I left the dogs inside.   My first day back at work was only a short day so they should be ok.
I got to work and realised that my work keys were all in my car which was still at Davids house.   I was able to borrowed a set of truck keys but there was no key to the office so I had to go the long way round every time I needed to use the office. 
Once at home the key dramas continued.   I got to the front door before I realised that I had mums car and mums house key on the car ring.  Thankfully I always carry a spare house key in my purse.    I searched my bag - hairbrush, diary, two pairs of reading glasses, book and no purse.  The dogs were excitedly barking at the front door.   They watched in disappointment as I returned to the car.   I called Laurie.   He was heading home but was still half an hour away.   The dogs lay down in front of the office window and stared forlornly out at me.   We were finally rescued and after Laurie had gone I looked for my purse, and looked and looked.   I was beginning to worry that I had left it somewhere but I hadn't been anywhere to leave it.   At least I know it has to be here somewhere.
I'm just wondering now what else am I going to lose?  My sanity?  Too late, I've already lost it.

No comments: