Tuesday, January 3, 2012

early to bed





The Murray Valley highway between Boundry Bend and Swan Hill Vic.
I re-arranged slightly the meaning of early to bed and got to bed v.early in the morning at 2am to be exact. So it was early to bed, early to rise, - I was up again at 7, makes a man - in this case woman, healthy wealthy and wise. Well I fell down a bit on the healthy part of it though after 4 panadol I did feel a lot healthier, we'll skip the wealthy bit and go straight to the wise. Certainly made me a lot wiser. I spent an hour fretfully wondering if I was going to be over .05 if I left at 8 am to head back to Melbourne. I looked up the .05 guidelines and was still confused.  Two drinks in the first hour and I standard drink per hour after that and you should still be under .05.   I have heard if you are female the amount of alcohol you drink has to be less so that amount is standard for a male.   I checked the cask, it held 27 standard drinks.   Figured I had already had half a dozen glass out of it a couple of nights previous so that left 20 drinks.  I would have consumed half so 10 drinks for the night starting at 7 pm finishing at 2.  10 drinks in 7 hours, then sleep for 5 hours so 10 drinks in 12 hours but I was female so does that mean I can drive or not.   Oh my head is starting to hurt again.  All this brain activity and it is getting me nowhere.  Think I need to take one last look around my garden and give it a good water. I know it is going to be a hot day so poor garden will need all the help it can get.  Watering done still had the .05 problem.  Will never be able to work it out.   Have to get back to Melbourne today so by the time I drop in to the hospital guess I will have to be ok to drive.  That is where the wise comes in.   I am still none the wiser as to what my blood alcohol reading would have been but definitely know now that if I am going to drive the next morning.   DON'T DRINK.

No comments: