Monday, January 9, 2012

the club

day lillies.  the name says it all. they bloom and live for a day

David and I went to the club for dinner on Saturday night.  V. nice.   Stayed and had a few drinks afterwards and listened to the lone performer on stage.  Bumped into a few people that David knew and I someone I hadn't seen since I was 15.  He said he used to have a crush on me at school.  Didn't know whether that was just a pick up line or not but either way it made me feel good.
We took the courtesy bus home and sat on the double seat on the right hand side behind the driver.   We forgot to put our seat belts on and when the driver took a right hand turn David in true Laurel and Hardy style flew off the seat and landed scrunched up on the floor in front of the sliding door.   I was laughing to much to help him up.   The driver pulled over and David eventually made it back to his seat.  We put our seatbelts on after that. Slippery little suckers those seats.   I was just glad I was on the inside or it may have been me on the floor.
I asked the driver if the drivers compared notes at the end of the day, like - I had a slow night tonight I only lost one.   My night was better, lost 3 on the first corner and 2 on the second.

No comments: