Friday, April 6, 2012

a walk on the city side

Took the train into the city today. David swiped his myki card but I had left mine at home. There are no longer ticket machines at some train stations and this was one of them. We tried to work out how to buy a myki card and in the end gave up and decided to travel without a ticket. All the way in I kept expcting a ticket inspector to get on and ask me for my ticket. We got off at Parliament Station and David went though the gates bought me a ticket swiped in so I could swipe out. Phew I don't want to have to do that too often. I'd be a nerous wreck.
Had a lovely day after that just wandering around the city.




empty lanes off Little Collins St.



reflection of the building opposite on the black glassed building 


the old GPO lit up with lights


graffiti lane 


of course a Melbourne Tram


I love Flinders St Station


and love Federation Square opposite


a bar in the middle of the Yarra


a pavement drawing in Southbank


part of the Grand Hotel

No comments: