Sunday, April 1, 2012

home





Leaving home again I took a walk around.  It seemed like nothing had changed but everything was different.   The row of tall lights and trees down the main street, even the brick paving of the foothpaths is all different but essentially the 'street' is still the same.   Several empty shops the names on the businesses that are open are diffent but it still looks the same.  Several shops that now make up the Vietnamese supermarket/ $2 shop/ internet cafe shows the changing population of the town.   I always go for a wander through there on my way down the street.   Occasionally I buy something.  It is like going away without leaving home.   The monument that is still a work in progress, representing the town.   The boomerang, the stockmans hat and the suitcases.  It is a different town to when I grew up  but it is still the same and it will always be home.

No comments: