Friday, February 24, 2012

last day

Greg bought me a bunch of lovely roses for my last day.  I was touched.

It was my last day driving the mobile full time.  It was kind of a flat day.   Don't know what I was  expecting but there it was.   Have been getting well wishes all week and I will miss the people.  Some things I won't miss, like the computer problems and the rain and the heat and the dust.   But there are a lot of things I will miss.  Loved the job.   Best job in the world but hopefully my new position will be just as good.   I like Lilydale but there will be a bit of re adjustment but I am sure I can do it.
I was going to ask  for Friday off to make a long weekend at Wonthaggi but I could not miss my last day on the truck.
We left home about 6.30.  I was a bit slow in packing after work.  Just as we were getting into Wonthaggi I realised that I had several missed calls and a message.   It was from the Wonthaggi Motel and if they hadn't heard from me by 9 they were going to rebook the room.  It was now 5 to 9 and after much panicked fumbling I couldn't phone them back quick enough.  This weekend just happened to be the same weekend that the world super bikes were in Philip Island and everywhere was booked solid.  Good thing we called when we did.  The price of the room also reflected the fact that accomidation was a premium.   It didn't matter that we had booked nearly 12 months ago.  Anyway all was well that ended well and the beauty of where we were was that we could walk to and from the reception.

No comments: