Monday, February 6, 2012

share a coke with david


Went into the local bakery to get a cool drink when I spied a 600 ml Share a Coke with Abbi.  I had only ever seen the share  bottles in the 1.25 litre and hadn't had the time to go through them.  Well I don't know an Abbi but I began looking through the bottles on the shelf for just anyone I knew.   The woman restocking the fridge was having a bit of a giggle.  It's a great marketing ploy she chuckled.  Yes I know.  I was now juggling half a dozen bottles trying to find someone I knew.   Oooo there's David I yelled excitedly.   I glanced behind me.   A young couple were standing waiting to access the fridge.  They didn't join in my excitement in fact they looked like they thought I was a bit looney.   I replaced the unwanted bottles and went to the register to pay.  Ooops I've bought Abbi with me as well must have put my zero back instead.  Won't be a sec.  I headed back to the fridge.  Sorry excuse me, just have to swap these bottles over.  The young couple took sideways steps and let the crazy woman though.  Thanks, I called as I headed back to the counter.  The woman behind the counter began tallying up my purchases.  I haven't been able to find one with my name on it she said and I've seen a few cartons.  Oh it would have been great if there had been a Maggie one I enthused.  Can't remember seeing one of those either she commiserated.  I paid for my find and headed back to work.  I told beautiful Jen Jen about my David bottle.  She raced upstairs and came back with two similar bottles.   One was Jen and the other Jarrod.  I've been looking everywhere for Jen she said excitedly and can you believe I went up to the local servo and there was a Jen bottle and right next to it Jarrod.  
Mmmm maybe we need to get out and get a life.

No comments: