Thursday, September 8, 2011

eastern freeway


Going across to Davids after work last night on the freeway was another one of those experiences.  Everyone seemed in such a hurry to get 'home'.   I was sitting on the fast side of the 100 k speed limit and I was one of the slow vehicles.  I think I passed two vehicles.  The first one was a huge 4 wheel drive.  It was so covered in dirt and mud that I think the driver must have wanted to get to where he was going with his adornment intact.   Either that or the dirt and mud weighed him down to such an extent that the poor vehicle couldn't go any faster.   The other vehicle that I passed was an old comby van.  It could nearly have come out of the 70's except the art work that covered the sides of the van was more graffiti than psychedelic flower power.

On the freeway again this morning heading to work a small square of metal flew off the trailer in front of me skipped and bounced along my lane towards me.  It then veered across into the vacant lane next to me before settling on the road.  It made me think that sometimes it doesn't matter how carefully you are driving, if something is going to happen it will happen.  As I passed the Springvale Rd exit and made my way to the tunnel I noticed a small tanker several cars in front of me.   This is going to be interesting he is a placarded load so he can't go through the tunnel.  As I rounded the bend there he was pulled over in the emergency lane a tollway car in front of him and one behind.  Where do these guys come from?  And how is the guy now going to get from there back to the Springvale Rd exit?

No comments: