Sunday, June 17, 2012

kurranda

Skyrail up and I should have allowed myself more time to  experience Kurranda.  After a tour through the butterfly sanctury and a walk around Kurranda and its verandah markets. lunch in the park and it was time to go again.  The girls had told me there was nothing to do in Kurranda itself but the trip there and back was worth the effort I only allowed myself a few short hours.  The trip up took longer than I expected as there was no set times for my arrival and departure while on the gondolas.  They worked in a continuous loop and it was just a matter of jumping off, lining up and jumping back on again when you wanted to leave.  There was two stations along the way so it made for a relaxing journey.  Kurranda itself is beautiful.  I am just so in love with the whole area.   I think the winter months is the perfect time to visit.   Only problem with June/July is everything that needs to be closed for maintaince is so I missed out on a few of the touristy aspects of my visit.   Still can't complain as there was still plenty to see and do.









No comments: