Tuesday, November 29, 2011

streetwalking

Thursday 27th

I’m becoming a streetwalker I said to a woman I bumped into for the third time today while I was racing down the street yet again.  This time I was headed for the Dr.s surgery for an update.  That instantly bought to mind a similar statement I made quite tongue in cheek about 20 years ago.  No.2. son had a pamphlet delivery round that evolved into me doing the letterbox deliveries with sometimes a little help from him in the folding of the pamphlets.  I didn’t’ mind too much as it was keeping me fit.  One day an older woman who I did a bit of volunteer work with asked me if I worked.   Yes I told her proudly I’m a streetwalker.  Well she nearly fainted and when she finally managed to scrape her chin up off the floor she made fish like movements with her mouth but no words would come out.   Oops I remember thinking maybe she doesn’t quite have my sense of humour.  I chuckled and patted her arm.   I deliver pamphlets,  I told her but I don’t think she believed me.   She always gave me a very wide berth after that.

No comments: